Watch our parenting story: Cherish
The Home & Family parenting service supports parents to develop healthy, secure relationships with their children.
Research confirms that children are better off in the care of their own family. Home & Family is committed to keeping children with their families, while providing parents with the tools to parent successfully.
The House and flats
The residential parenting programme provides 24-hour staffed accommodation for parents and their children. Referrals are made where out of home placements for the children are being considered or where children are transitioning back into the care of their parents.
Parents participate in positive parenting and life-skills training with qualified social workers to acquire and develop the skills necessary to be nurturing parents and develop secure attachments with their children
Our flats provide a supportive environment for a family to experience independent living while still able to access the support of Home & Family staff.
We offer parenting assessments for mothers or fathers parenting alone and for two parent families.
Before we accept a referral, a service agreement is developed with the referrer and we confirm that placement costs will be met.
Our programme is staffed 24/7 and provides:
- a safe environment and safety planning when necessary
- observational assessment
- structured reporting
- participation at statutory and case planning meetings
- social work support and intervention
- one to one or group education and development of parenting skills/life skills
- Positive Parenting Programme
- pro-social modeling and life skills training (social skills). This includes keeping parents close to their child physically, emotionally and cognitively.
- counselling: access to individual, couple and family counselling services
- transitional short term placement into a Home & Family flat (if available)
- transitional support, including inter-agency collaboration, upon planned discharge from service
The assessment may be extended in consultation with the social worker.
For a parenting assessment referral form or further information about the assessments, please contact Sandra Talbot, on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer short term (up to 6 weeks) accommodation in either our house or flats.
The Parenting Team
To read about the wonderful staff who run our parenting programme, please click here.